ARM and OpenCL, Part 2

>> Thursday, February 7, 2013

I've just installed the Mali OpenCL SDK, which makes it possible to execute OpenCL kernels on the Mali GPU (the GPU inside the Nexus 10). I can't wait to get started.

Thank you, ARM!

6 comments:

Anonymous,  February 10, 2013 at 4:43 AM

Any successes with running OpenCL on Mali GPU ?

Olav Aanes Fagerlund February 11, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Hi

I am trying to do the same on my chromebook under OpenSuse LINUX. I got the arm Mali SDK compiled natively on the arm-machine (and installed the compiled *.so library in /usr/libs/), however, cannot run any opencl code as the driver is not there.. Am currently experimenting with moving the driver from the arndale board onto the machine. However, the driver is for android. Hope to be successful in using this driver (as android is linux based I recon it can be done..)

rahul February 13, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Hi. You may be interested in the following thread about OpenCL on Nexus 10: http://beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=63071

Olav Aanes Fagerlund February 14, 2013 at 6:57 AM

Thanks, however, it is not working. I suspect the reason is libGLES_mali.so being compiled for Android, not general Linux.

Anonymous,  February 14, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Olav, I am also trying to develop,compile,debug on Chromebook. I have Chrubuntu installed on SD card and have successfully compiled with libOpenCL.so but when I execute Mali SDK samples I get an error every time so far. Arm (on Mali Dev site) and Samsung both suggest that Chromebook is a "Development Platform" but their own samples don't work (yet).

Good luck and please keep updating.

Todd Thompson (Todd(dot)Thompson(at)utdallas(dot)edu)

Olav Aanes Fagerlund November 11, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Hi again,

It now seems to be available, since late October 2013!

Best,