>> Sunday, August 16, 2015
The SIGGRAPH 2015 conference ended on 8/13, and like many, I was eager to hear about Vulkan, the upcoming replacement for OpenGL. Here's what we know:
- Steam and LunarG are working together to provide support tools for Vulkan. Their presentation is on YouTube.
- Piers Daniell of Nvidia gave a high-level talk (PDF) on the Vulkan language and Vulkan development.
- Google announced that Android will support Vulkan in addition to OpenGL ES.
>> Tuesday, August 11, 2015
AMD has released an open-source set of OpenCL libraries called the AMD Compute Libraries, or ACL. This contains four libraries intended for GPUs:
- clBLAS - linear algebra functions
- clFFT - Fast Fourier Transform
- clSparse - Sparse matrix operations
- clRNG - Random number generation